Shop Independent this Christmas
Posted on November 21 2020
Right now, Holly, and her brilliant team @holly.co alongside thousands of UK small businesses and independent shoppers are joining the #campaignshopindependent movement.
I am continually grateful for everyone’s continued support this year, practically bowled over by it if I’m honest. Whether it's kind words of support an motivation, a instagram post share or a purchase, all mean so much to me.
This year more than ever there are so many small businesses who are in need of your support this Christmas. So why not challenge yourself to buy all presents solely from small businesses? What do you think? You up for it?
If that didn't get you going here are a few extra reasons to shop small in your community...
💛 We’re one of a kind! Run by people, not algorithms. You can see our love and passion for what we do coming through. Personalised touches and an actual person to talk to if you have any questions.
💚 Better for the environment. Shopping local. The majority of handmade products do not need large factories and are often made to last, making them the greener option.
💙 We're here when you need us the most. Think of this year and the adaptability of your local shops and businesses around you. Trying to cater to people’s needs offering free deliveries, gift wrapping, mini supermarkets etc. Everything you needed was at your fingertips due to the adaptation of so many.
🧡 Supports the local economy. Did you know that for every £1 spent with a small business, 63p stays in the local economy, compared to only 40p from larger stores! I mean makes sense doesn't it?
Small businesses love to support other small businesses - it’s a great community to be a part of! So, what do you say? Are you ready to join?
Want a little heads start. Here's a few of my favourite small businesses at the moment...
- Arthur and Bear - Lou is an amazing illustrator and creates gorgeous jungle animal prints. All designs are hand drawn, you can see a few time lapse videos of her creations on instagram, they are mesmerising! These are perfect for a children's bedroom or birthday gift.
- Mama Leopard Jewellery - Sustainability is at the forefront of Lucy's brand. She hand cuts beautiful earrings out of cork, all wrapping is recycled, recyclable or reused. I definitely have a few pairs. Her new Christmas collection stands out from the crowd.
- Brimble Studio - Jo creates illustrated ceramics each with their own character and back story. I love them! So quirky and unique in your home. Her products range from mermaid toothbrush holders to trinket dishes and ceramic necklaces. Definitely worth a look it will put a smile on your face.
- Sage and Grace - Would you like to fill your house full of calming scents and a warm glow? Hannah has got you sorted. Handmade soy wax and essential oil candles. All the scents are created by Hannah so are completely unique to her brand. My favourite is Tranquil but I can wait to try her new 'Autumn Warmth' candle scent.
- Moloney Makes - Sophie is an avid knitter. Her tag line 'Stitch the stress away' is really true. I've recently bought the blanket scarf knitting kit from her and it is perfect for cosying up on the sofa in the evening and switching off. It's slow progress but I think I'll have it finished for Christmas. If you're not a knitter no worries she also sells her own handmade scarves, gloves and hats to keep you warm this winter. Perfect stocking fillers!